Applying through the regular process at the City/ Town Hall takes at least 6 months as new registrations are cleared and uploaded in batches.
However, the Civil Registrar and the NSO have an option for an applicant to secure the NSO certificate faster.
1. Request for a Copy
Applicant requests for a copy of the BC at the Civil Registrar record section.
This is xeroxed.
2. Request for a transmittal of request to NSO
- Copies are presented to the desk in charge of forwarding the BC to NSO national. A covering letter is prepared with the BC.
Applicant pays P100.00 for the request at the cashier.
When OR is presented to the desk, the covering letter with the BC in an envelope is given to the applicant for mailing via courier to NSO national.
3. Mail the request to NSO. (Office of Civil Registrar fills in all info, addressees and office senders' name)
- Applicant is given the log book of acknowledgement to be signed by the courier representative. Desk checks the courier receipt.
Duplicate copy of the covering letter, BC are released to the applicant.
4. Request for NSO processing at NSO East Avenue after a day
- Present covering letter, BC, courier receipt to National Statistics Office - Central Verification and Enrollment Agency (NSO CVEA) at East Avenue after 1-2 days. (This is a separate unit from the regular request for BC, Cenomar, MC. DC.)
5. Secure validation of request and info
Get instruction from help desk on forms to fill in and checker to see.
Fill in additional info copied from the covering letter and BC.
6. Pay P140 per copy
7. Get receipt to check pick up date in 2 weeks
8. Pick up BC in security paper on designated date and counter
Waiting time at Office of Civil Registrar including mailing service is 1.5 hours. Processing time at NSO is 45 minutes.
Hope this helps late registrants out there wanting to get BC in security paper. Budget at least P360.00 to cover courier, fees, xerox copy. Transpo not included.