just new here in the forum. I would like seek legal advice from our expert here. btw, my question is regarding the plan/scheduled change of our payroll scheme from 24 payout to be 26 payout which follows the 10working days fixed pay.
i'm current working in a BPO industry for almost 2 years now and our salary was been given to the usual 15th-30th payout.
now our company is planning to adopt a payroll scheme which they tagged as "every other friday pay" & paying the employee for ONLY 10 days fixed every other friday.
my questions now is like this;
1. the basic computation for the usual pay every 15th-30th is basic pay / 2 (e.g. 20,000 / 2 = 10,000)
2. to compute the daily rate is monthly salary / 21.75 (e.g. standard # of days per month as per industry) 919.54 as our daily rate.
3. now if company will implement the 10working days FIXED pay, employee's will only get 9,195.40 every payout for a month.
4. from the new scheme there will be 26payout for the year compare to that of 24days as regular payout.
5. from the computation in item 1 compare to that of in item 3 there's already a difference of 804.6 which translate to 1,609.2 every monthly as SHORT to expected monthly salary.
7. The company justify that since there is a frequent payout every other friday pay with an additional 2 more for july & december (3 payout in 1 month as there are 3 fridays). this as they translate will compensate the monthly shortage amounting to 1,609.2.
8. theres already a shortage of salary for the 1st 6months that employee is expecting.
9. does our labor code says something about this type of payout to be legal?
10. will the company needs to have an approval with DOLE/NLRC if ever they will implement as such?
11. is it fair for employee to wait 6 long months to compensate the prior shortage of pay?
12. as per my writings & understanding i know that theres a clear violation, is this enough for me to file a complaint to NLRC?
i hope that our legal expert here & trusted team enlighten my concern with your prompt response. thanks for now.