Surname of my child
1 Surname of my child on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:47 pm
2 Re: Surname of my child on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:20 pm
In your case, here are the possible consequences of the actions that you may take.
Under the Family Code of the Philippines, a child born during the validity of your marriage is presumed to be a legitimate child of you and your legal husband.
Since the father of the child is not your husband, you may either:
1. Use the surname of your husband
- But if your husband learns of it, he will most likely contest that because he is not the father of the child.
2. Use the surname of the real father
- You will expose yourself to the criminal case of Adultery and that birth certificate is a proof
- You will be forced to place "single" as your status because the civil registry will not allow you to record the birth of your child kung married ka pero iba naman tatay na nakalagay sa birth certificate
3 Re: Surname of my child on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 am
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum