Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment - Married due to family pressure

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment - Married due to family pressure on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:03 am

crossini88

Arresto Menor
Good day, I have a very complicated case and I know I have violated the law at some point. So here it goes:

1. I got pregnant to my then bf when I was 21, and gave birth last March 2011. But we did not got married because he doesn't want to, we fought a lot during the pregnancy months because of this mostly because my family is pressuring me to get married before the baby comes out. My family are very religious and esteemed members of the church, so it's like they lost face because of what happened to me which added to the pressure even more.

And then, still during pregnancy months, my EX-BF went to see me where he proposed to marry me and give the baby a name. When my relatives heard about this, they all agreed to the proposal and demanded me to agree as well. I've told them that I do not want to marry him and that i'll be fine as a single parent.

A lot of things happened, so to make the story short I married my EX BF due to my family's wishes and also he signed as the father on the BC of my child and had lost contact to the real dad.

2. Now, after 3 years of marriage, and the hype died down, I realized that I did a very bad decision so I left him. I did try to make it work, but it just cant. Now my whole family hates me again, but I don't want to give in to pressure anymore. I've been away from him for a year now, I don't contact him. Though he contacts my mom and my mom is still insisting that I get back to him for the sake of the child.

He does not give any financial support, and I'm not demanding anything from him because I know I'm the one who left. So I'm shouldering all the responsibility now.

3. What I want now is to be legally free. I wanted to know if I could file an annulment and what are the grounds that I can use for it. I want to talk to him about it but it he is still insistent on getting back together. Is it possible to file a case even if he does not agree?

Sorry for the long post, I hope you can help me.
Thank you!

View user profile

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
If the consent of either party was obtained by force, intimidation or undue influence it can be a ground for annulment. Except when the same has ceased and the party filing the petition freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. The injured party must file within five (5) years from the point in time the force, intimidation or undue influence disappeared or came to an end.

View user profile

crossini88

Arresto Menor
Thanks concepab, I would like to know the steps I need to take for this and how much (range) and how long (process) will this take from me?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum