Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am i going to be sued by Changing name of the Child by Late registration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I married other man and i have a son before our marriage. Unfortunately the surname of my son is from his biological father who is not supporting him financially etc. Now I am planning to have a late registration to change my son's surname into my husband's name now.
He is already 3 years old right now. Am I going to be sued by his biological father by changing my child's name?

Please enlighten me.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Don't do that. You will only make your son's life complicated.

If your first son is an illegitimate child, you and your husband can jointly adopt him. After that, your son can use the surname of your husband. But you have to get the written consent of his biological father.

If you need further legal assistance, you may send a direct email to

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum