Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father wants to transfer property to illegitimate child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

em.tan

Arresto Menor
Hi,

My dad currently owns the house we live in (illegitimate children) and he would like to transfer/give the ownership to us. He wants to make sure that during any inheritance issues with his legitimate children, we would still have a house to live in so we can be safe.

1.) Is it possible to transfer ownership to one of us (illigitimate child)?
2.) If he transfers the ownership of the house and lot, will the legitimate children still be able to get the house from us or make any claims?
3.) What can we do to make sure that the house remains with us and not given to his legitimate children?

Thank you.

View user profile

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi,
I am quoting your questions below to properly address them:

1.) Is it possible to transfer ownership to one of us (illigitimate child)?

Yes, that is possible. However, if you want to make sure that the the rights of you and your siblings are equal (when it comes to ownership of the property), better have you father transfer it to the three of you, not just one.

2.) If he transfers the ownership of the house and lot, will the legitimate children still be able to get the house from us or make any claims?

Depending on the mode of transfer (donation or sale), they may or may not be able to get the house from you later on.

3.) What can we do to make sure that the house remains with us and not given to his legitimate children?

Have your father transfer the property to you and your siblings by sale.

If you need more information or legal assistance, please send a direct email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum