Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support in canada

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:21 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
Hello there can someone advice me please,
My husband and I are both Filipino, legally married here in the Philippines. Husband went to Canada because of work, after a year he filed a divorce. And now we're divorced. Our daughter badly needed some medical attention. The child support being sent by husband is not the right amount stated in the ordered of support. He always delayed it as well as there are times which he did not send any. Our daughter is for operation and needs medical attention. But due to financial constraint the operation was postponed. I contacted MEP about my daughters case but because of jurisdiction thing. All of them refuses to help me. Even the immigration. And his company.

View user profile

2 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:07 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
This is the thing, what I am saying about outside Philippines jurisdictions.

Open a file of RA9262 VAWC against him and forward it to Philippines Embassy in Canada so when it comes for his passport renewal, the immigration do send old passport to DFA Manila, simply because all passports can only be renewed in the Philippines at Department of Foreign Affair, no embassy anywhere else around the world will renew passports in their embassy without being process from DFA nowadays, because of the new electronic chips system. Applications will be at the embassies but printing will come from DFA Manila.

Here's one the example with clear instruction to give you an assurance that Philippine passport cannot be renewed in any embassies anymore. These rules apply to any embassies since 2009.

'Applications have to be sent to Manila and returned in a process that takes up two to three months.'
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/filipino-expats-urged-to-apply-for-e-passports

How long has he been in Canada? Hopefully he hasn't obtain the Canadian citizenship yet and still using Philippines passport then he is still under Philippine jurisdiction.

I feel so sorry for your daughter. Sad
Do approach PCSO they are charity organization. Bring all the documents of your child proving she needed an operation. They may be able to help you with the hospitalization.

View user profile

3 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:33 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
Jan of 2009 when he entered Canada, his passport valid until 2013 , but it's 2015 already, i'm pretty sure that he's not yet a canadian citizen.

View user profile

4 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:40 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
I also contacted some pro bono agencies there and MEP but this was their replied emails

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

As we have stated in previous email, you need to reside in a country that has an agreement with Alberta Maintenance Enforcement Program.  Unfortunately, Phillipines do not have such agreement with Alberta MEP.  Therefore, you cannot register for our program.

Regards,

Tom L.
MEP Collection Officer

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
I am really sorry but there is not much we can do to assist you. I was asking about the ME program in Philippines because if the Philippines had an ME Program, then you should be able to register in the Philippines and then get some assistance from Alberta as Alberta would sign an agreement with the program in the Philippines and you would be able to get some help.

It isn’t merely because you are not in Canada that we cannot assist you, it is also because we really only provide legal representation to children and youth and we do not do this kind of child support work.  I am really very sorry.  Your daughter’s father is essentially a debtor.  Without the help of the Maintenance Enforcement Program, it is very long process to collect on debts in Alberta so even with a lawyer but without MEP, it would be a challenging thing to get any money from him. It is a most unfortunate situation and I am sorry we cannot help.

View user profile

5 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:49 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
I asked for assistance here (Philippine Immigration Manila) and Canada's Immigration but still, they all refuses to extend help. I send all my legal docs including the court ordered sent by their court. I was questioning them why they can't implement such order where for once the ordered came from their jurisdiction and not here. Same thing that my delinquent husband is under their jurisdiction.I can't exercise my legal rights in both country. I sent scanned pictures, medical examinations, scanned court order from them, legal documents, to proved it but they refuses to extend help.

------
Hello xxxxxx,

We have already answered, that in order to be able to register with Maintenance Enforcement Program you would need to reside in a country that has an agreement with Alberta Maintenance Enforcement Program. Philippines do not have such agreement with Alberta MEP.

Regards,

MEP

----------------

View user profile

6 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:51 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
please help me how to file a case here.

View user profile

7 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
The thing with Philippine embassies abroad, asking for maintenance is out of their league, they will not even try to help you for claiming maintenance for your children BUT as I mentioned, if you open an RA9262 add abandonment on the case, the demand letter will be sent and he will eventually has to face his obligation to your daughter. His case will prosper with or without his presence in the Philippines. Then when it comes to passport renewal or applying for an NBI record which is required upon obtaining citizenship. If on his NBI record shows that he has an outstanding case in the Philippines his application will be denied as the Canadian government will require 10 years of his whereabouts records, so if you open the case now, he will have problem in the future. Maintenance/child support is maintenance/child support every child deserves it from their parents until they finishes their education. This is an obligation that cannot be avoid! Somehow you will be able to get him just don't give up hope! email Katrina288 she'll be able to help you to start and file the case.

Good luck and hope for the recovery of your daughter. God bless!

View user profile

8 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:14 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
You just have to be patient alam mo naman hindi instant ang mga answer sa mga kaso pero kapag ginawa mo yan siguradong makaka apekto sa kanya ang pagtalikod nya sa anak nyo. pasasaan ba in time makakamit mo rin ang justice at dapat para sa anak mo.

View user profile

9 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:25 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much, wala na po talaga akong matakbuhan, wala po akong mga kapatid na matatakbuhan at magulang. Pati ang husband ko tinalikuran kaming mag-ina, he knows everything about our daughters condition pero ayaw nya ko tulungan. Kahit for her medication man lang ayaw nya tumulong, sa school kahit isang pencil o isang pad ng papel hindi man lang sya makapag ambag sa bata. Humingi ako ng tulong sa magulang at kapatid nya pero hindi nila kami pinansin, katwiran nila ayaw nilang makiaalam samin dahil alam ko naman daw ugali ng anak at kapatid nila. Hindi naman sarili ko ang pinakikiusap ko kundi ang anak ko.

View user profile

10 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:32 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
simplydivorced wrote:Thank you so much, wala na po talaga akong matakbuhan, wala po akong mga kapatid na matatakbuhan at magulang. Pati ang husband ko tinalikuran kaming mag-ina, he knows everything about our daughters condition pero ayaw nya ko tulungan. Kahit for her medication man lang ayaw nya tumulong, sa school kahit isang pencil o isang pad ng papel hindi man lang sya makapag ambag sa bata. Humingi ako ng tulong sa magulang at kapatid nya pero hindi nila kami pinansin, katwiran nila ayaw nilang makiaalam samin dahil alam ko naman daw ugali ng anak at kapatid nila. Hindi naman sarili ko ang pinakikiusap ko kundi ang anak ko.

May work ka ba? Meron man o wala pwede ka mag claim ng single parents benefits.
Check more info from here.
http://www.dswd.gov.ph/
Goodluck!

View user profile

11 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:41 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
Private Tutor po. Katatapos ko lang po kumuha ng Education. (2nd course) Graduating po ako this march. By June pa po ako ulit makakapag start na magturo.

View user profile

12 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:52 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
simplydivorced wrote:Private Tutor po. Katatapos ko lang po kumuha ng Education. (2nd course) Graduating po ako this march. By June pa po ako ulit makakapag start na magturo.

Well then! You're entitled for various benefits being a single Mom. Just follow those link I gave you and patiently contact them and if no answer due to bureaucracy , you could possibly go to their offices personally, so you can get the benefits you and your daughter deserved. Good luck!

View user profile

13 Re: Child support in canada on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 pm

simplydivorced

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much po for the information Atty. Thank you , Thank you po talaga.

View user profile

14 Re: Child support in canada Today at 7:17 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum