Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

prof regulating body

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 prof regulating body on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

gap_1

Arresto Menor
is a regulating body of a profession can say that, since the law who created the profession and including IRR is general, as excuse not to initiate investigation?

how can we say that a law and its IRR is general or not specific? granting the aforementioned is "general" is it an excuse not to find any violation of the said law/irr?

is it a valid excuse to say that since there is no formal complaint the regulating body can not initiate investigation/subpoena? is sua sponte not applicable?

Smile

View user profile

2 Re: prof regulating body on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 pm

attyLLL

these are very abstract. did the board of examiners refuse to investigate a complaint?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: prof regulating body on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 am

gap_1

Arresto Menor
no complaint yet atty.

is the board cant do sua sponte, since an obvious unlawful acts committed of unlicensed/unregistered persons. the board is also informed informally about the unlawful acts and even acknowledge it.

View user profile

4 Re: prof regulating body on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 pm

attyLLL

look at the IRR if there is a provision which governs your question. if the respondents are not licensed, then the recourse under law is unlawful practice of profession. the board cannot be compelled to file a complaint against the respondents. at the minimum, they can be asked to issue a certification that the respondent is not certified to practice, and you will have to pursue your case against them personally and at your own effort and expense.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: prof regulating body on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:48 pm

gap_1

Arresto Menor
-the Board may conduct inspection or visit to determine compliance with this Decree and the rules and regulations promulgated pursuant thereto..excerpt from the law. is this enough for sua sponte if found incompliance atty?

View user profile

6 Re: prof regulating body on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

attyLLL

gap, yes, that is sufficient authority. nevertheless, if they decide not to investigate, you cannot compel them to do so.

View user profile

7 Re: prof regulating body on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 am

gap_1

Arresto Menor
thank you atty.. Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: prof regulating body Today at 7:17 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum