Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

asking for financial assistance from father working abroad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello and good day! Very Happy

i really need some advice regarding with the case of my sister. i hope that you could help me with this problem sir!

the situation is, my sister is married but currently separated from her husband last august 2007. They have one child who is 4 years old now. Since they separated, my sister didn't receive any support from her husband since they got separated. Now, last june 2010,we heard that her husband went abroad in saudi arabia to work there. Now, the problem is, his husband supported my nephew groceries worth Php700 pesos per month which is not really enough because my nephew is now schooling. We would like to ask for financial assistance because my sister cannot shoulder the expense anymore. We really don't know how much is the current salary of her husband abroad. Sabi kasi ng kapitbahay namin, half talaga ng sweldo ang mapupunta sa bata.

We've already talked to the mother of her husband because her mother is the one who is receiving the money from saudi. We are asking even for Php 1,500 pesos per month not including the groceries. But she is really hard, and she didn't give what is for my nephew..

is there any case we can file to this so that they will give financial assistance? one thing too, her husband using single in marital status when infact he is really married. can we go to the office of the agency of her husband to get some help?

thank you so much for consideration for this question. i would really appreciate answers that coming from you.

Have a good day Smile

View user profile


some posters here asked help from the owwa, and they were assisted. you can try that.

what i would try to establish is that there is a pattern of repeated failure to provide support. you should send a series of demand letters addressed to him at his residence requiring him to provide support for his wife and child.

if he fails, you can file a criminal complaint for economic violence under ra 9262, but you will have to allege a fact that he is not giving support in order to somehow control her actions.

you can go to the agency and try to get a certification that the wife is not the allotee to further show that she is not getting any support.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum