Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a Permanent Resident married to Philippine citizen I want take my son to Philippines

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I am a Permanent resident married to a Philippine citizen.  We have one child together born in USA.  My wife and son are in the Philippines now.  I have another son from a previous marriage(my wife has raised him since he was 3)and I have sole custody of him.(Biological mother is not in his life)  This son and I are in the states but want to go to Philippines and join them.  I cannot get a straight answer from the Consulate on what documents, if any that I need for my son. Will someone please help us so our family can be complete again.  We have passports of course and I have my ACR resident card.  Will we need onward tickets?  Does the 6 month validity of passport required?(my sons passport is valid but only until May). Or since I am a resident and my wife is a citizen can we go with one-way tickets?  Thank you in advance and I hope my post is not too confusing.

View user profile

2 reply on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:02 pm

ed shuck

Arresto Menor
suggest that you contact the BI for updated info.also have a court document regarding custody.. PASSPORT, if its under 12 months or less.
go ahead and renew and obtainextra pages .as the BI loves to stamp stamp the passport.
2. consider a philippines based expat forum to ask this qiestion. maybe someonecan offer advice too

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Ask this people maybe they can help you answer your questions. They are British but they are residents in the Philippines. They know many things about living in the Philippines.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
What type of PR visa do you have? If it is a 13a visa, you can apply for a derivative visa for your son. As for you, you can come in and out of the country as you wish. One way ticket is ok.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum