Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment and Child Support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment and Child Support on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:21 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello Everyone!

Need help. We've been married since 2006 but after a year of marriage I've decided to leave town to look for a better job since I was the one supported our son when he was still little. Meaning, I am the only one working and he is not. Even the responsibility of a father, medyo malabo kasi my son is staying with my parents house but he rarely visits the kid. Last 2010 or 2011 I guess, my sister told me that he has another girl and during that time I was sick. I confronted my mom because she is also aware of it but they did not bother to tell me. But her reason was, she does not want me to worry or even feel depressed with what is happening. So I took my mother's advice and just tried to forget about it. But last December of 2014, I just found out that the woman is baring their 2nd child. And it has been years that the father of my son is not supporting our kid for years already. I remembered the last time he gave was 500php. And take note, my son is already 8 years old now. My kid already has an idea of what is happening. He already saw the woman who is pregnant again and the kid. I got so hurt because my son is always seeing the pictures of them on fb posted by my husband's sister. I commented on the pics and what they did was block my son's account. My kid is already telling me that he does not like his dad anymore but I always remind him that he is always his dad and no one can replace that. But for this long, I wanted to take action since this is not getting any easier for my son alone.

I would want to know what case can I file and can I file it with PAO? Can they handle both annulment and child support case at the same time?

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment and Child Support on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:14 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
If you will file a criminal case (violation of RA 9262 Anti Violence Against Women and Their Children) for economic violence (withholding financial support), then yes you can ask PAO lawyers to assist you. If you choose to file a civil case, you can do so through a Petition for Child Support.

PAO lawyers will most likely not assist you with annulment case because they have so much on. So, if you choose to pursue that as well, you can hire your own private lawyer.

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum