Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

school canteen management

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 school canteen management on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:01 pm

magenta0612

Arresto Menor
my bestfriend is a HS teacher and used to manage the school canteen as chairman of the formed non profit org of a group of teachers. Unfortunately.. he doesnt have managing background thus, he just accepts reported sales by helpers.. list it down and deposits it to his account for monitoring. From the initial investment of teachers.. he was able to give it back 7x during end o year. On the side my friend has a different business buy and sell online.. this made him save for DP of a car. However.. a group of teachers question the pratices saying that he got the money outof the money of the canteen. So.. the school bookkeeper also a member of the org computed separately establishing an assuned revenue out of all purchases and finally saying that profit was underdeclared by 450k. He is now being pushed to pay the 450k without him seeing the computations.. he is always being asked to appear to meetings and being pinned to sell his assets to pay. I know how industrious my bestfriend is and all allegations are just unreconciled accounting matters.
my concerns are:
1. Can he be obliged to pay without any basis
2. He is being assumed guilty wiyhout even defending himself
3. His family is already affectef as his children are always crying bec they say his dad is a bad person..

What are his options and rights? Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: school canteen management on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Well. I put MONEY for different things together myself, BUT that's in businesses where EVERYTHING have receipts, so I just need to keep the BOOKKEEPING separate, so I know for sure how big part of the money belong to which.
But in your case big part isn't receipts, I suppouse, which complicate things.

Your case need to collect proves and arguments talking for your side, such as:
/SHOW how he got HIS money.
/Is the canteen selling anything, which aren't sold, because it was damaged? Stolen?
/Demand to see how THEY have counted, and check if you find any errors in it. To become fair they need to let you see their counting, and you need to let them see yours, so both sides can look for errors.

Is it a "neutral" school board or something which both sides find fair to let decide the case?
Otherwice the baranggay has a "mini court", which I believe can judge in such cases too.

View user profile

3 Re: school canteen management on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:19 pm

magenta0612

Arresto Menor
Thanks lunkan...
Actually yes.. the school board are all members of the org that funded the canteen start up so all Are interested to have gain something from him.
problem is they dont let him see the figures they just demands him to pay... its already harrassment i might say. they are not pressing charges so he doesnt have a neutral venue to defend himself. they as if convicted him already.

View user profile

4 Re: school canteen management on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

magenta0612

Arresto Menor
To add.. he already presented where he is getting his extra income even acxounting it to them over presentation.. but who could convince someone who has already spent in his mind his share of the amount they are demanding from him....

View user profile

5 Re: school canteen management on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:45 pm

magenta0612

Arresto Menor
need legal advise pls. Thanks

View user profile

6 Re: school canteen management on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
magenta0612 wrote:Thanks lunkan...
Actually yes.. the school board are all members of the org that funded the canteen start up so all Are interested to have gain something from him.
problem is they dont let him see the figures they just demands him to pay... its already harrassment i might say. they are not pressing charges so he doesnt have a neutral venue to defend himself. they as if convicted him already.
Yes.
Then he can try the baranggay to check if they are fair.

If they aren't fair either, the Philippines have got a NEW opportunity from my home country. "Ombudsman" is a word you have got from Swedish Smile
Ombudsman is a lawyer organisation being on the PEOPLE'S side AGAINST corrupted officials. In two years they have collected evidience and send over 1300 corruption cases to court, but no court decisions done yet. At least it's some "lose face" when Ombudsman find them being worth sending to court...

View user profile

7 Re: school canteen management on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:22 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
IF it had concerned only myself, I would have just put on my pansar armour Smile and wouldn't bother what the crap people say and just IGNORED them... but I understand it's hard when it's bad for family too.
An alternative is IGNORE them, and let THEM file an estafa at you in court, if they want. Then you get chance to show your proof and demand them to tell how they came to that conclusion.
I would go to baranggay BEFORE that, so the court can be told YOU have tried to get it corect solved.

IF they FIRE you, it's possible it can be GOOD for you, because the Philippine law/court thoughts about it have been very ODD in some cases, because then the court have found it wrong to fire the employed, although the employed HAD been done theft from their employers !!! So the court decided the THIEVES got MONEY for they were fired !!!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum