Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change surname of my son

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 change surname of my son on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:47 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi po,

My eldest was born in Palo, Leyte at that time his father was not around and Hindi po kami kasal kaya yung naka register na last name niya yung sakin. Ngayon po gustoo namin ma change ang surname ng bata sa father niya. Pwde po ba yun ? If yes paano po? My son is already 6 years old at Hindi pa rin kami kasal ng daddy niya. Thanks po!

View user profile

2 Re: change surname of my son on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, you can do so.

The father has to file the necessary application with the civil registry of the place where the child was born together with the supporting documents, including:

1. Certified true copy of the birth certificate of the child;
2. Affidavit to use the lastname of the father;
3. Valid Identification Card (ID) of the parents or of the registrant (if 18 years and above);
4. Additional documents showing proof of filiation in cases where the name of the father was left blank in the birth certficate of the child.

Once the application is approved by the concerned civil registry, the lastname of the father can thereafter be used by the illegitimate children. The fee is more or less 1,000.

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum