Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help on my Child.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need help on my Child. on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:28 pm

carlzilla

Arresto Menor
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning to get married next year and we have a 1 yr old baby boy. The child is not my own and was conceived when my girlfriend and I were having problems. I am now currently supporting the child together with my fiance.

I am now wondering if there is any way I can change the last name of the child to that of mine. My fiance filed the registration of the child as under her last name and left the name of the father blank. What will be the best possible way for me to go around it? We are planning to migrate soon and would love to have this straightened out before we move out. Thanks for the advice.

View user profile

2 Re: Need help on my Child. on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:04 pm

attyLLL

sent you a private message.

The proper way is to marry your fiance then adopt the child together. the change of name can be included.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Need help on my Child. on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:56 am

carlzilla

Arresto Menor
Thanks for responding to my querie, is the adoption process long? How will it affect our immigration application process if the child's name is kept as it is and not changed since my fiance and I will be married soon. I will definitely consider the option you suggested. Will try to call you soon, thank you.

View user profile

4 Re: Need help on my Child. on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 pm

attyLLL

adoption is a process that can take at the minimum a year.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Need help on my Child. on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:23 am

kaiseramber

Arresto Menor
hi i got married to my first husband 1996 to mayors office,but my mom change my date of birth coz im only 17 yrs old then, 2005 i went at korea and met an american guy and we got married.. i have a son and his turning 14 years old,when i filed a u.s visa i didnt put him as my son..and i didnt put also like single parent at all coz i was confused if my first marriage is valid,and my son is name by his dad,that is why i dont put him on my application form...and now im at states and i want to bring my son here....
is there any way that i wanna claim him as my son...

Last edited by kaiseramber on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong meaning)

View user profile

6 Re: Need help on my Child. on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:08 am

attyLLL

it will be better to direct your query to an expert on american immigration law.

View user profile

7 Re: Need help on my Child. Today at 8:23 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum