Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of a Biological father over his illegitimate child.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have a child out of wedlock before I get married to another woman. The mother sent me the Birth Certificate of the child for me to sign acknowledgement.

Recently, I saw my child's passport application form by accident but the father's name was blank. And I also discovered that the mother's US citizen husband has already petitioned my daughter to migrate to the USA.

Can they take my daughter abroad without my knowledge or permission? I have no intention of stopping them cause I know my daughter will have a much better life abroad. But hiding it from me means that my monthly support will still be deposited to their account but it will be spent by the mother's family.

Does my obligation to send money stop when my daughter is no longer living in the Philippines?

Thank you in advance.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, the mother can decide for the child even without your permission.

Your obligation to provide support remains, no matter where your daughter goes.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum