Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deceased Ofw

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Deceased Ofw on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm

farrah1289

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty!

We are glad to join this pinoy lawyer forum. We are very hopeful for your assistance on this case that needs legal advice.

As mentioned on subject line, my father was an ofw in France for over 20yrs. He met an accident while on duty that led him to death last November 2014.

When he died, we found out that he maintained a family in France, a lived-in partner (filipino citizen) and 1 son (minor, french national).

A lawyer had informed us that a legal firm called "notaire" must handle the estate of my father for the distribution among heirs.

As per notaire, all the assets of my father shall be divided among heirs.

Question:
My parents has conjugal property, a car under his name, and bank accounts in Philippines.
Is it legal for the notaire to handle my father's assets in the Philippines?

We are not familiar with the processing of Inheritance in France but 3 months had passed and we received no updates from Notaire.

We feel that we are given unjust and unfairly treatment since we are alien and not french national.

We worry that we will not get what is rightfully for us, the legal family. If we may ask which local government agency can we seek for assistance.

Your feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum