Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Merger of two Sec-registered entities and has the same owner

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Do you have any advice about this? My parents are paying taxes and business permit fees for each of them, and it is very costly. We haven't properly inquired from SEC the details of merging the small educational institutions (the entity i'm referring to in the subject), but they did say that the process was tedious and long. Who should we approach so we get the proper procedures and avoid getting pushed from one SEC representative to another?

View user profile

Reclusion Perpetua
I don't know all Philippine laws enough to judge IF it's BETTER to merge them in fees + taxes point of view, because the income taxe is PROGRESSIVE (=more than double tax if earn double) so it can be good to have SPLIT income to two persons. That's possible to get in ONE company too (but I'm NOT sure if it's ok to employ someone you are married too. I know there are SOME restrictions concerning what married can't do, which not related can do. Anyway - IF one of them become employed by the other to split the income, then EXTRA DOCUMENTS will be needed for that, although NO EXTRA fees for that IF your family has knowledge enough to do it yourself.)

Anyway - IFwanting to "merge" the businesses, and IF you don't get problem with business name for the SECONDARY business - I don't know all Phil lawa, but I believe this is the easiest solution, so it can be worth checking:
1. Your MAIN business BUY the assets in the SECONDARY business. If the secondary have acounting with a ballance sheet telling the BOOK value, then I suppouse it's best to buy it for that amount, so the result of that transfer is 0.
2. LIKVIDATE the secondary business everywhere including BIR so they stop demanding tax for it (after the running year).

(Probably NOT possible, but much easier IF it fullfill the demands.
1. You said they are small. Are they less than 100 000 p EACH per year?
2. IF so, it can be worth checking it they can be seen as two MIE CONSULTING businesses.
IF they can, it's some simpler with tax documents and (rather much) less concerning fees. )

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum