Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concubinage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Concubinage on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm

MsE19

Arresto Menor
Hi,

I just found out that the guy I am dating is married and he is living with his kids and his wife. We see each other everyday after working hours, walking around the mall. Now, his kids are threatening us that they will sue us and will not stop until they see us behind the bars. 

Based on my research, since we never had any sexual intercourse

"Art. 334. Concubinage. — Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place, shall be punished by prision correccional in its minimum and medium periods.
The concubine shall suffer the penalty of destierro."
Also, is this advice enough to defend me as not guilty of concubinage?

"Proof of sexual intercourse is enough in adultery, but in concubinage, the prosecution must prove that the sexual intercourse must be under scandalous circumstances, or that the husband kept a mistress in the conjugal dwelling or cohabited with her in any other place."

Thank you..

Last edited by MsE19 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: Concubinage on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:43 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
The children cannot file concubinage case against their father and you. for such case, only the offended spouse can file the case.

View user profile

3 Re: Concubinage on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

MsE19

Arresto Menor
concepab wrote:The children cannot file concubinage case against their father and you. for such case, only the offended spouse can file the case.

In case the wife will file the case without these evidences that matches these grounds, will it be considered?

"Any husband who shall keep a mistress in the conjugal dwelling, or shall have sexual intercourse, under scandalous circumstances, with a woman who is not his wife, or shall cohabit with her in any other place"

We just spend time at the mall and we are not living together. His salary is directed to his wife and still living with his family. 

View user profile

4 Re: Concubinage on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:31 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
If you are not living with him, you cannot be sued for concubinage. But you may be sued for damages for interfering with the affairs of their family.

It is best for you to end your relationship with a married man to avoid complications in your life. If he betrayed his wife and children like that, what makes you think that he will not do the same to you?

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

5 Re: Concubinage on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:43 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
If i may add Att. Katrian, para kay MSe19, since mahirap patunayan ang kaso ng concubinage, some women are filing RA9262 instead of concubinage. masmadaling patunayan, mas mabigat ang hatol.

View user profile

6 Re: Concubinage on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, thanks for the additional info Concepab. Although some women have reservations in filing RA 9262 for psychological violence because it only involves the husband, not the mistress. Smile

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

7 Re: Concubinage on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:12 pm

bethflores

Arresto Menor
atty kath ano naman po pwde isampa sa mistress lalo na kung cya yung ng uwi sa husband? tapos sa mother in law na kunsenditor ano po pwde ikaso sa kanila

View user profile

8 Re: Concubinage Today at 8:14 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum