Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Reclusion Perpetua
This is the case, a friend's sister-in-law was married to her brother and on their marriage certificate it say ie; Juan Dela Cruz Jr.  the same thing with birth certificate it has Jr. Annulment were processed and it only shows Juan Dela Cruz.
Would there be a technicality on this?
Knowing both birth certificate and marriage certificate shows the parents name and mother's maiden name with Jr..
My friend's brother totally abandoned his wife and 2 children for many years and ran off with another woman in Singapore. He proudly said that after the annulment he won't have had to do with his children with her anymore. We advised our friend's sister-in-law to file RA9262. Her children still needs full maintenance/Support from their father (but due to a reason the new MEAN wife who is apparently married before the annulment has been granted) does not allow her husband to give any penny to his children. We all know this is another technicality because before the annulment was granted they are already married in Singapore which is not counted and is null and void.  

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

Since the annulment has already been granted by the court, there may be some technical issues in updating his records with the NSO. However, if your friend's brother shows documents that he is in fact the man in the annulment proceedings, his records can be properly updated. Although he may think that he no longer needs to do it because he got married in Singapore before the annulment was granted. This actually makes him liable for Bigamy.

Is your friend's brother living in Singapore? If yes, it is difficult to file RA 9262 for economic violence. It is a criminal case, so it is necessary for the proceedings to go on that your friend's brother is in the Philippines.

If he is not, your friend's sister-in-law can instead file a Petition for Child Support. In order to ensure that your friend's sister in law will get something for the support of the children, she should locate the properties of her ex-husband in the Philippines.

Atty. Katrina Smile

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum