Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

''child support to a foreigner father''

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ''child support to a foreigner father'' on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am


Arresto Menor
good day to you... i have some concern inquiries.. i have a son and his father is a dutch nationality..his father sign his birth certificate and also a affidavit that he acknowledge and recognized that he is the father of my son... i wil just asked if there any posible i can get support to him? he is now in the netherlands and he never support our child anymore.. we are not married. thank you for reading and i hope i can hear some feed back. Godbless and more power

View user profile

2 Re: ''child support to a foreigner father'' on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:31 am


Reclusion Perpetua
I don't know the Dutch laws, but I believe they are similar in North half of Europe. If so:
/No difference if the parents were married or not.
/The national government have organisation, which FORCE fathers to pay child support (if they earn enough or have asserts enough) but if the father don't do it volontaringly, then court in father's country need to decide if they find him being the father and decide how much he need to pay.
/Unpaid part from before the court decision can sometimes be decided to be a dept, which the father can be judget to pay back (direct or bit by bit) if he has/get enough to do it after the messure in his home country. (=Nothing is taken from him, if he don't have over a minimum, which is much after Filipino messure.)
/In some countries, if the father can't pay, then the GOVERNMENT pay some to the child, and the father get a dept to the government. I don't know if it's like this too if the child don't live in THAT country.

Is the father old? In some countries children get percentage PART of his retirement pay if he dies before the child become (19) years old.

Have you asked the Netherland Embassy for information?

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum