I visited Bohol when traveling through beautiful Philipines. I felt in love with the country and people. I thought I found paradise till one night....
1. My iPhone stolen from the hotel room where I was sleeping (very scarry)
2. Next day police made a report and we said that the only person around was a hotel guard
3. Hotel guard approached me at night screaming that it was not him.
4. He shot shotgun in the air to scarry me
5. We reported this to the police.
6. Owner said that he will help us with the situation
7. When Police drove us from the island owner stopped answering my phone.
8. When I was back to my country I called owner again - he said - Don't ever call me.
I know law 2003 says that he is responsible for the phone
I want to make sure the guard is no longer working in the hotel
The guard can be very dangerous to other tourists. I cannot let this happen again to other tourist.
Our holidays turned into nightmare.
Ownr is a friend of police so police tried to make a report looking like I left iPhone on the table outside. Afrter talking hundret times they changed the report. I have the report and emails from police confirming that my statemet was - Phone was in the room. Not very clear but something like that.
Hotel room has lousy lock - could be opened with finger.
Hotel room has hole in wall that is filled with air condition - can be removed so you can enter the room
1. How can I make sure that the guard is no longer working as a guard (a person with shotgun should be mentally stable)
2. Can I charge the owner for causing dangerous situation
3. Can I get money back from the owner for the phone ?
The owner is german - I would prefere if he was Philipino - maybe this would end more friendly way.
I want travelers not to have the same situation and have money back
This is what I found :
Art. 2003. The hotel-keeper cannot free himself from responsibility by posting notices to the effect that he is not liable for the articles brought by the guest. Any stipulation between the hotel-keeper and the guest whereby the responsibility of the former . . . is suppressed or diminished shall be void.
Please help. Willing to pay for legal help.