Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deed of Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Deed of Sale on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:50 am

puwede66

Arresto Menor
I bought a piece of land located in the Philippines 9 years ago and paid $40K as downpayment and another $2500 for a total of $42,500.  At the time of sale it was agreed that the property has clear title and will be transferred to me after paying the down payment. I bought this property from family member and it was agreed that I will file for Philippine bank loan to complete the payment and at the same time put a building on the property.  He issued a DEED of sale affirming what was agreed upon.  After the payment of $42500 the seller failed to provide title to the property or at least evidence of having a clear title to the property.  Being family member and trusted relative I allow him time to produce the title.  For the past 9 years I persistently asked and pleaded for the title but all I got was promises and assurances that he will deliver the title.  Meanwhile I withhold any more payments for fear that he has no title to the property.  Lately I learned that the property is up for sale and probably sold as I write this.  What is my legal right to this property and how can I get back my money?  Do I have to go to the Philippines to file papers and enforce my rights? Do I have the right to sue and on what grounds?  Please help.  Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Deed of Sale on Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi,

In order to properly answer your concerns, kindly answer the following:

Are you in possession of the property? In other words, have you constructed anything on the property like a building, house, fence or planted anything?

Regards,
Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3 Re: Deed of Sale on Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:22 pm

puwede66

Arresto Menor
I am not in possession of the property nor have I done any improvements whatsoever.

View user profile

4 followup lang po atty katrina on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 am

puwede66

Arresto Menor
Mayroon po ba akong karapatan sa lupa na ito?  Can I stop the pending sale?  Paano po ba ang dapat gawin?

View user profile

5 Re: Deed of Sale on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:58 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua
gather all your documents as proof you have given them something, including the deed of sale.
notarized ba yang dead of sale,
i assume di naka nakaregister sa , register of deeds?

para mapigil ang sale transaction, dalhin mo sa barangay,, so that it will be known na meron kang claim sa property..

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum