Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Depressed! on Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 pm


Arresto Menor
Last October 2008, I made a 60% downpayment to my lawyer for my annulment case. After all the preparations including psychiatric test, the case started it's first hearing on July 2009. The father of my kids never appeared on the hearings. After so many delays due to late result from the solicitor office, change of judge, late lawyer, holidays, etc, the decision of the court finally arrived early this week of November with negative result. My lawyer who never contacted me on his own to update me (i even gave him the news that my case was denied), will file a Motion for Reconsideration within this week. My question, with the way my lawyer treated my case, how long will it take for the Court to decide the Motion? What will I do if the Motion be denied again by the Judge?

I do not want to ask my lawyer anymore for I could feel that he neglected my case. I am so helpless that I do not know what to do if the case be denied. Thank you. Crying or Very sad

View user profile

2 Re: Depressed! on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:26 pm


note you will have to file the MR within 15 days from receipt of the decision, else it will be deemed final. i don't know what your lawyer told you, but there are never any guarantees in litigation, especially if the evidence is shoddy.

were you trying to show your husband to be psych incapacitated? did your psychiatrist personally examine him?

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 depressed on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 am


Arresto Menor
Yes, i filed a psyc incapacitated against my husband. My psychiatrist did not examine him but he interviewed my eldest son who at that time is 28 years old.

What will I do if the Motion failed in the Court? Do I have another chance to reconsider it or file it again in another Court? Thank you.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum