Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

father's right

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 father's right on Fri May 01, 2015 11:31 am

Arresto Menor
Good day! I have a daughter with an unmarried relationship. The mother abandoned her so I took care of the child since she was a baby. Now that she is 6 years old the mother wants to take her away from me. May I know my rights or do I have a right not to give my daughter to her? Please give me some advice. I'm really desperate. I don't know what to do.

View user profile

2 Re: father's right on Fri May 01, 2015 11:44 am

Reclusion Perpetua
It will be helpful to know:
Some principles:
-in choosing the parent to whom the custody of the child is given, welfare of the minor is given consideration.
-when filed in court, the court takes into account other circumstances
-father proving that the mother is unfit to take care of the child, the court can deny the mother of the custodian rights. Some instances cited are neglect, abandonment, unemployment etc 461 SCRA 450

Info on the birth certificate:
-does the child have a birth certificate?
-is there an affidavit of the father?
-other relevant facts

This is just a perspective.

View user profile

3 Re: father's right on Fri May 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Arresto Menor
It is stated in the birth certificate that I am her father.

View user profile

4 Re: father's right on Mon May 04, 2015 10:40 am

Reclusion Perpetua
if im not mistaken may mga case na ganyan na tinitingnan ng court and give prior to security and safety ng bata specialy girl ang baby mo right? kung may kinakasama ang mother ng bata. maaring manatili sayo ang custody.

im not sure lng pero isang segment sa public afair program ang napanood ko na ganyan. and dahil may kinakasamang iba ang mother ng bata at hndi maganda ang reputation ng kinaksama nung babae? prior sa safety ng anak na babae.. nanatili sa ama ang custody nito.

View user profile

5 Re: father's right Today at 8:28 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum