Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Issue with the Father of my Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Issue with the Father of my Child on Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Lheii78

Arresto Menor
Hello! I am Kathlyn Basibas, 28 years old, Married to an Italian Citizen, and i have a child out of wedlock, My son is registered under the name of his father , He is currently using his biological father's surname, but just a month after i gave birth, The father of my son abandoned us. He is a Filipino, with my child using his biological father's name have caused some problems for us here in Italy,  My son is autistic, he does not talk, and he is mentally and physically incapable of taking care of himself.
My husband wants to adopt my son. I just wanted to know if it will cause any problems because I have no contact with the biological father of my son ( if facebook counts, then yes) We don't talk.  There is a time when he sent me a message asking when my husband will adopt my son , because he needs money, and It SCARED me a LOT!

If we go on adoption will it cause a problem? will we really need that man's approval? is there anything i can do for him to relinquish all his parental rights?

Please help Sad

View user profile

2 Re: Issue with the Father of my Child on Fri May 08, 2015 8:28 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua
there is already a forum regarding adoption matters,,
as to cut things short, u need the approval of the father when adopting,,
u can file a case of abandonment vs the father then, later adopt the baby,,
u and ur hubby need to jointly adopt the child though he is ur son.
as u said, the father is still around so go,,, contact him...

View user profile

3 Re: Issue with the Father of my Child on Fri May 08, 2015 3:09 pm

Lheii78

Arresto Menor
What?! Jointly adopt? even though he's my own child? Oh my Gosh, This is heart breaking.

anyways..I..uh thanks for answering.

View user profile

4 Re: Issue with the Father of my Child on Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua
Family code, article 183 onwards,,,until 193 i think..

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum