Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reckless imprudence resulting to Damage with photo

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Hi guys,

I was looking around for references regarding my case and I chanced upon this website. I noticed that you guys have been helping a lot and decided to post

I was involved in vehicular accident on March 25. A cab and I. No injuries. While a police report has been furnished, it does not indicate who is at fault. I have read somewhere that usually, whoever is the Vehicle #2 in the police report is the one at fault. An excerpt from the report:

"Reaching at the stated place of occurance, the right front side portion of party no.2 driven Hyundai Accent Taxi figured in collission with the left front side panel of party no.1 driven Toyota Vios"

I understand that the other driver would save his skin but not admitting, but the photos are pretty obvious. Anyway, yesterday, I received a subpoena (the driver himself as the complainant) asking me to provide some documents. I have already contacted my lawyer friend and he'll make a counter affidavit.

I have a comprehensive insurance policy - if that would matter. Sabi ng Insurance, naunahan pa ko.

I would like to ask, what is your say to the matter. I certainly would not want to settle. I believe I am the right. How would this go?

Do I need to retain a lawyer? would this be economical?

Photo below

View user profile

Reclusion Perpetua
interpretation of whose fault was that lies on the investigator, and they should based that on circumstances. where does the subpoena came from, Police??? barangay? Court?
Basically, attorney's are only needed on courts. but since you got one friend, his advices comes handy, even in the out of court settlement.

View user profile

Arresto Menor
Subpoena came from the office of the prosecutor QC. Regarding the report - I was wondering the same, an in fact raised it at the station. The police said that they cannot assign fault but only to narrate the event, specially if the other person won't admit. Off the record, the investigator said that it's the cabs fault. But that is verbal. I just don't agree that they cannot put blame when they know.

Anyway, I do not to barrage my friend with questions. And he mentioned that I should get a copy of the complain first then ask for 15 days to counter.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum