I'm here to seek some advice regarding resignation.
I have a friend who want to resign effective immediately or 5 days upon giving his resignation letter but the company is demanding a 30-day notice.
Now I've learned that without the 30-day notice, he may be held liable for damages, but also there are instances where a notice is not needed. Instances are as follows:
1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;
3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and
4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.
Now here are my questions:
1. What could be the damages if the 30-day notice is not presented.
2. What other causes/cases can be used that are analogous to the 3 instances stated above.
3. Can a long and demanding working hours (9am - 10-11pm) be a valid reason for not being able to give a 30-day notice because you're tired and stressed out that you don't want to strain yourself anymore.
Can someone please provide us with some legal advice? Thank you.