Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

[HELP] illegitimate child and abandoned child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 [HELP] illegitimate child and abandoned child on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:26 pm


Arresto Menor
uhm first of is there a lawyer that specializes about these? if yes where can i look for one?

lets keep it simple i just want to know the procedure, where, and how much its probably gonna cost me with or without a lawyer, cause im really consider this for the past few months since im about and hopefully to graduate in college. also im thinking what will i gain on my father side when his days come. i dont have his surname, my parents arent married as well. i dont think he even considers a last will testament of some sort because he feels like his relatives should be the one to take care but truth is his relatives are not so good on us so yeah.

i really cant tell every but long story short, i want to change my first name reason is im a guy but i have a girls name, as for my last name, my father and mother aren't married, ive read through some articles and found out that one way of doing it will be through "adoption" , my father could "adopt" me that way i can use his surname, is that possible? is there any other way around my situation? how much will it cost me? and by the way my chinese friends are telling me that i should just buy my surname but i dont know about that. so if anyone can enlighten me with regards to that it would really be helpful

also i want to ask about my friends case his parents are long seperated but married, but yeah theres no such thing as divorce here in philippines., my friend no longer has any contact to his father or anyone related to his father, no financial support either, he is also graduating, and he feels that he should make a name for himself when he's out there using his mother;s surname, and he simply wants to forget and cut any ties left from his father. so in his cause , can he drop his father's surname and change it to his mother? if so how much would it cost?

thank you in advance

View user profile


Arresto Menor
bump. anyone please? we both really need some advice right now. kahit tagalog na explanation ayos lang naman po, maraming salamat

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
On changing the 1st name, it is possible under this law Section 4 of Republic Act (RA) 9048. It can be filed at the office of civil registry where you were registered.  It requires filing a petition involving submission of documentation, publication of the petition in a national paper for 2 consecutive weeks and a clearance from appropriate law enforcement agencies that you have no pending case or criminal record.

There are 3 conditions that the law considers why you can change your 1st name like it is ridiculous or difficult to pronounce or write, petitioner is popularly known by another name and change will avoid confusion.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum