Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back pay question

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Back pay question on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Bluey

Arresto Menor
In addition to my previous post, I would also like to know - Are AWOL (for whatever reason) and eventually terminated employees entitled to get their back pay?

I get this question a lot from other employees. I tried looking this up in the Labor code but I'm quite confused. I think I asked this question from HR peeps in our center, and I believe she said NO, meaning No back pay for AWOL-TERMINATED employees?
Is this really stipulated in the labor code?

Thank you,

BLUEY

View user profile

2 Re: Back pay question on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:31 pm

attyLLL

they are entitled to get paid for days they actually worked. back pay is due if the nlrc decides you were illegally terminated.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Additional question to Backpay... on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:04 am

Bluey

Arresto Menor
Thanks. Additional question:

The employee was legally terminated, due to AWOL. As you said, that employee is still entitled to back pay, but what about 13th month pay and tax refund, is that due to the employee?

View user profile

4 Re: Back pay question on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:51 pm

attyLLL

before we get confused, in labor law, back pay is a legally precise legal term referring to damages due to an employee after he is illegally dismissed.

if an employee is validly dismissed for abandonment, he is entitled to payment of days he actually worked, proportionate 13th month, tax refund. these cannot be withheld as a form of punishment.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Back pay question on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:48 am

parecoi

Arresto Menor
To attyLL,

Is it legal to send the demand letter to the owner of the company? or would be better to send it to the human resources only? thanks..

View user profile

6 Re: Back pay question on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 am

perudi

Arresto Menor
in light of the topic i had a question to our good lawyers, does the certificate of employment a company's prerogative?

View user profile

7 Re: Back pay question Today at 9:52 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum