Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:50 am

Arresto Menor
I signed up for Club Ultima last year. We were advised that we can only take advantage of the offer that day so we have to decide right away. The offer was really good at the time and we were only in Boracay for limited time, we agreed to join.

Reservation : Php 18,400
Monthly Due: Php 3,000 (May 2014 - May 2015); Php 5,400 (June 2015 - June 2017)

Once 30% of the total price has been paid, we can take advantage of the benefits as members. That is at least more than a year from signing up.

All is well and monthly dues were autodeducted on my creditcard. However, I didn't get any updates anymore after this. I need to constantly make follow ups to know if I already paid the 30%. I believe that this should be automatic since this is important in our membership. After that I was advised to deposit my annual fee first to take advantage of the free nights included on my membership. I said they can just deduct it in my CC. No updates afterwards. Numerous follow ups happened again.

Finally, I decided to cancel the membership but I was told that no payments will be refunded because it has exceeded 15days after reservation. This is unacceptable. It also said on the contract that if we were unable to use any benefits, we are entitled for a refund. Or so what I understand. In any case, how was I to know that their service sucks if it takes more than 12months before I can take advantage of their services? Also, they didn't give us enough time to review the contract and get legal advice. Plus if this is the case, they made us agree into a contract fraudulently because they know they can give under quality service and still we cannot backout because none is refundable. So we just have to put up with their BS. This is denying of our consumer protection as Filipino citizen.

If I handle this legally, will the consumer protection law be favorable to me?

Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Arresto Menor

have you filed any case against the club?

We're having the same problems.

I'm also seeking legal advice from some friends.

Please keep me updated on this.

We also want our money back.

Kind regards.

View user profile

3 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:49 am

Arresto Menor
I didn't. I decided not to stress myself regarding this anymore. But if there can be a class action lawsuit regarding this, I would be willingly join. I requested my membership to be on hold for autodeduction as of the moment.

View user profile

4 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 am

Arresto Menor
ok. I'll just inform you if anything comes up. Thanks.

have a good day.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum