Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor
Hi ADG

I bought mine 2011. How much did you get it and for how many years?
From what I know the gross price from the time I bought until now has not changed. Considering the 4 members I had met and whose agreement I've checked thus far.

They've only offered discounts based on the gross rate depending on how much you the buyer is willing to pay for it for Club Ultima agent to close the sale. In my observation, the tier of the discount keeps getting less lang as time goes, but the gross price had remained the same.

Also, I was informed by a friend in Cebu that Club Ultima's product offered in Cebu is a bit different from what was offered to Manila.

And yes the agent who sold it to me told me the same. Coz this part I asked and made sure.
The agent said their office will buy it back or help me sell at the current price in case I don't want it anymore.

In 2016 I called and wrote the membership office here in Manila and Alice Cabaddu (Membership Manager) also gave me the same answer as yours, that they cannot help sell my membership package because of inventories they have (which will in fact never run out for as long as all their hotels are there).

With this said, since I have nothing in writing that supported the promise and my understanding. I had accepted that this part, I have no fight.

One thing that agent told you / your understanding of what you have purchased is not true, that it's a form of investment. Can you check the Reservation Application form you signed #7.4. That is if we have the same paper.

You can only compel them to buy back your membership if you have a written agreement signed by both sides from the start.

If this doesn't work, perhaps you have other complaint that's valid and where you have a better fight?

View user profile

27 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:02 pm

geomelconcepcion

Arresto Menor
hi everyone! i also availed their membership last november 2017 and i want to cancel as well. anyone who can help a guy here Smile thanks!

View user profile

28 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 pm

S2S

Arresto Menor
Hi Geomelconcepcion,

I accepted your request already.

What is your reason to cancel? Are you based in Manila? How much had you already paid?

DTI does not facilitate change of mind when it comes to purchases. The only way to be accommodated is having a valid reason where Club Ultima has a fault. Even with that, Club Ultima will also not give in that easily without a fight.

View user profile

29 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:10 pm

b0b8484

Arresto Menor
hello,

i'm glad i found this site. i will cancel my membership and i will take my money back. i signed up last march 2015. i'm still paying for it but i have no plans to continue at all. i just want my refund. that annual fee is very unreasonable.

View user profile

30 Re: Unfair Business Practice - Club Ultima on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:11 am

S2S

Arresto Menor
Dear b0b8484,

DO NOT cancel. Because you will NOT BE ABLE to get your money back. The agreement you signed has an ALL payment forfeiture clause. ULTIMA will not return it that easily if you had read all the above. You do not have a chance if you just cancel. You can request for stop payment (for the meantime, normally a max of 6 months only) if you are still paying for it.

Then submit a complaint letter to DTI as you read above, that should have a reason / unfairness / proven defect basis based on the consumer act. You have to argue out that reason first. Reminder that DTI does not entertain complaints only because you changed your mind with your purchase and heard other people complaining about it. That's not how it works.

If you do not go through the right moves, you will just lose everything.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum