Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to change my daughter/son's Surname?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to change my daughter/son's Surname? on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:21 am


Arresto Menor
Ask ko lang po kung pano ko mapapalitan ung surname ng daughter ko kasi ung sa son ko is surname nung sa daddy nia tas ung sa bunso ko biglang surname ko.. eh hindi kami kasal so madali lng bang mapalitan ung surname ng bunso ko and how much..? tnx

View user profile

2 Re: How to change my daughter/son's Surname? on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, the surname of your daughter can be changed to that of her dad.

The father has to file the necessary application with the civil registry of the place where the child was born together with the supporting documents, including:

1. Certified true copy of the birth certificate of the child;
2. Affidavit to use the lastname of the father;
3. Valid Identification Card (ID) of the parents;
4. Additional documents showing proof of identification (government issued IDs, etc.) in cases where the name of the father was left blank inthe birth certficate of the child.

Once the application is approved by the concerned civil registry, the lastname of the father can thereafter be used by your daughter.

The cost is around P1,000.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum