Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child adoption

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child adoption on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:23 pm

ansleigh

Arresto Menor
Good day Atty., hingI sana ako ng advice,  I have a son and his 4 years old now. 2011 I give birth to my son and then my ex boyfriend sign at the back of his birth certificate..many years passed we have lots of misunderstanding  and he didn't able to support to my son needs . Last year I got married. the problem is can I change my sons last name into my husband last name without the consent of his biological father? How long will it takes for the processing of child adoption? Thank you so much Atty.

View user profile

2 Re: Child adoption on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 am

technified_ex

Prision Correccional
Your child is an illegitimate child, and because of this it should be the mother who would have the sole custody of the child. Whether the father would agree or not, there is non that he can do to stop your adoption. Take note, that since you are married, the adoption should be joint between you and your husband. As to how long, i guest its more than 6 months depending on the court

View user profile

3 Re: Child adoption on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

ansleigh

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much Atty for the information , My husband and I agreed about that matter and then we go back to Philippiness by next year.
How long will it takes for the processing of documents before the court hearing because we only have 2 months vacation?

View user profile

4 Re: Child adoption on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm

ansleigh

Arresto Menor
My husband is a foreigner, is there a possibility that we can process the adoption not in Philippines?
Thank u so much Atty.

View user profile

5 Re: Child adoption on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:07 am

Filia

Reclusion Perpetua
The rights and obligations of a father towards his legitimate and illegitimate children are the same EXCEPT that the sole custody to an illegitimate child is vested with the mother. Our adoption law provides that one of the annexes to be attached in the petition for adoption is an affidavit of consent of the biological parents. Since only the right to custody is deprived to a father of an illegitimate child, he must give his consent to the adoption.

(Last Q) There is what we call inter-country adoption but it is more hassle, and the procedure will drag through years. Better resort to domestic adoption.

View user profile

6 Re: Child adoption on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:16 pm

ansleigh

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much for the information Atty. So I really need to look for his biological father just to sign a consent, and I don't have any contacts with him, is there exception in the adoption law?

View user profile

7 Re: Child adoption Today at 4:10 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum