Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth place is different for both Marriage Cert and Birth Cert

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello ppl,

Just would like to seek your advise regarding below:

1) My mother's birth place according to her birth cert is PLACE 1

2) But when she and my dad get married, it seems that, my dad's parent registered my mom's birth place is PLACE 2

3) Now, when my mom went abroad, she used the same birth place (PLACE 2) instead of the original/birth certificate

- Will there be a ground for nullity of my mom's birth cert or marriage cert?
- In claiming SSS and other benefits, will my mom be questioned about it?
- Is there a way to change either birth or marriage cert just to correct it? Any known legal procedures to be followed?

Thanks so much!

View user profile


1) place of birth is immaterial
2) highly unlikely
3) you will have to file a judicial petition to correct the records.

i recommend that you leave it alone. the practical purpose for place of birth is for determining if the person is the same. there are other details such as date of birth and middle name which serve that

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum