Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shoplifting and Legal Implications

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:34 am

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Hello Attorney, Good day. I understand that you are a very busy person but I sincerely hope you can find time to examine my case.

I was caught shoplifting this July at Robinsons Supermarket Lipa. It was a very dark time in my life and I honestly do not know what led me to do such an act. Whether it was catching my ex in bed with another woman, pressure at work and other personal issues, I know these are not valid reasons to commit a crime but it happened.

I was on my way out when the plainclothes guards stopped me and asked about where I placed some of the items. I pointed at my bag and took them out immediately and I was led to the security office where the OIC proceeded to ask me why I did it. They laid out the stolen goods which amounted to roughly 1780php. They gave me a form to write a statement. Some I remember writing that: Hindi ko alam kung bakit ko ginawa iyon. Hindi ko ugali ang magnakaw. Wala na ako sa sarili noong namimili sa kakaisip sa mga bagay, alam ko naman na kaya kong magbayad.. etc...

I ended up breaking down and telling about my personal issues. I was so ashamed, scared and really lost. The form contained my basic info, name, age, address, parent's name, signature. they looked at my ID to verify info. They said that normally I would be asked to pay the x10 amount. They called the store manager and said that I am willing to settle so we ended up agreeing to x5. My money was not enough on hand so I had to have my elderly mom to bring the money to the store. They ended up telling my mom that I broke a mirror that is why I need to pay. I am 32 y.o. and I have never been more scared in my entire life. I paid the agreed amount of almost 9K. I got a sales invoice for the payment which I kept. Then they let me go.

in my utter fear, i barely asked any questions about what will happen to me after that. I haven't been able to sleep properly since then and I have not stepped into a supermarket/mall since then. Please help me confirm if this is really something I can put behind me - that having made that payment has released me from any legal steps they might take. I hope you can answer my questions

1. will they be reporting the incident to the police?
2. am i going to have a record?
3. is it possible that they will file a case against me without me knowing? what is the usual timeframe?
4. will that reflect on my record like NBI? how soon can i request for an NBI clearance to check?
5. I will be going to the us in a couple of months., Will immigration hold me due to this incident?

PLease... I know I have many questions but I am really really hoping you can help me understand and have peace of mind. I am sorry and regretting everything that happened to me that day. I just really hope I can have the peace of mind to move on with my life again knowing that this is all over.

Thank you and have a great day.
Shoplifting and Legal Implications :

View user profile

2 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:46 am

Filia

Reclusion Perpetua
I don't think they will still report the matter the police since it was settled imediately. You would only have record if a warrant of arrest is issued against you, that is if the mall will file a case which I think is impossible since you paid and a case filed in court means additional expense for them.

View user profile

3 thank you on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:07 am

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Filia wrote:I don't think they will still report the matter the police since it was settled imediately. You would only have record if a warrant of arrest is issued against you, that is if the mall will file a case which I think is impossible since you paid and a case filed in court means additional expense for them.

Hello, Ms. Filia, thank you so much for your response. Can this truly be the case? I am still having sleepless nights thinking of all that has happened. Is there a timeframe, like if they don't file the case in a week, the case is no longer valid? do folks like robinsons inform the guilty that they will be reported to the police?

Is it safe to go to the police station and request for a police clearance, or would it be too early?

My apologies, if I come off as makulit with all my questions. I just really am thankful that you took the time to give me a response. I have been so eagerly awaiting for someone to give me counsel on this and you have been so generous with yours. I also just really want to understand the processes in this situation.

Again, many thanks and looking forward to hearing from you again.

View user profile

4 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
You already paid for those items. Case close.

View user profile

5 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:02 pm

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Thanks so much po foe the response. Now just one more questuon. I might just be paranoid pero do they share this record with other malls? Their branch or sa sm halimbawa? Hindi ko magawa pang magpunta sa mga mall fearing that alam nila what i did. I am so ashamed and scared

View user profile

6 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:06 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
lostgirl1333 wrote:Thanks so much po foe the response.  Now just one more questuon. I might just be paranoid pero do they share this record with other malls? Their branch or sa sm halimbawa? Hindi ko magawa pang magpunta sa mga mall fearing that alam nila what i did. I am so ashamed and scared

most probably yes for security awareness improvement. pero to tag you specifically, hindi naman siguro ganon. at kung sakali na i-share nila yan sa ibang branch, im sure na ang makaka-access lang sa info ay yung mga tao na dapat lang maka-kita.

View user profile

7 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:56 pm

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Thank you so much. Can i really move on with my life and start fresh?

View user profile

8 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:09 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
lostgirl1333 wrote:Thank you so much. Can i really move on with my life and start fresh?

Move on.. malaki ka na Very Happy

View user profile

9 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Thanks everyonr for your help. It means so much to me. Kahit paano nabawasan ang pagaalala ko. I learned my lesson. I just did not want this mistake to define my life.. Lalo n plans ko magabroad this year. Salamat po

View user profile

10 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:54 pm

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Thanks everyonr for your help. It means so much to me. Kahit paano nabawasan ang pagaalala ko. I learned my lesson. I just did not want this mistake to define my life.. Lalo n plans ko magabroad this year. Salamat po

View user profile

11 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:23 am

Lior123*

Arresto Menor
Hi. Good day po. I just want to ask lang po. Ganito kasi nangyari, nasa sm department store kami ng baby ko. So kumuha po ako ng items ng mga items, nilagay ko sa stroller ng baby ko. Naisip ko na walang makakakita kaya hindi ko binayaran at biglang lumabas ako without paying any items na nabili ko. ( i admit, shoplifting po iyon na hindi ko intention talaga na gawin, hindi ko alam kung ano pumasok sa isip ko). So yun po, paglabas ko ng department store sinundan ako nung lady guard and she asked me nicely naman po na hindi nabayaran yung mga items na kinuha ko at kung pwede sumama sa office. Pagdating po ng office nag check ng mga gamit, my bag and diaper bag ng baby ko. At yun nga po nakita yung mga items. Kinuha po yung id ko and personal info and may pinasulat po na letter sa akin kung what time ako pumasok ng department store and kung ano ginawa ko. After po yun inexplain po sa akin na pag 1st offense ganun lang gagawin and then pag 2nd offense, yun daw yung mga pinapakulong nila. Sabi nya kukunan nya ko ng picture pero sa kanila lang daw Yun. After kinunan ng mug shot, pinasulat po nila dun sa letter na ginawa ko na thank you daw po sa sm at binigyan ako ng chance at naexplain na lahat ng pwede mangyari pag inulit ko pa yun. After po nun pinaalis na ko.
Hindi po ako mapakali, na stress po ako kase first time kong gawin yun (at never ko na po uulitin). Ask ko lang po sana kung makikita sa NBI clearance yun and kung pinopost po ba nila yung pictures sa bulletin nila pag forst offense? Hindi po kasi nag sink in sa mind ko yung ibang sinabi nung investigator dahil sa sobrang kaba ko. Thank you po.

View user profile

12 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:37 am

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Hi sis Lior, sobrang relate ako sa pakiramdam mong yan. Hanggang ngayon d pa rin ako majatulog ng ayos kakaisip sa pangyayari at sa mga cinsequences ng ginawa ko pero sobrang laking tulong ang mga payo nga mga kapatid naten dito at sure ako mapapayuhan ka rin nila para gumaan rin pakiramdam mo

View user profile

13 Re: Shoplifting and Legal Implications on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 am

lostgirl1333

Arresto Menor
Mga kapatid, nagsend rin ako ng email sa pao regarding the situation. Nagemail sila ng pdf file advicing me to seek private legal help. This got me really worried again. Should I reply to it? Or act on it? Advice po pls... Thanks

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum