Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child Support on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:58 am

WishBone

Arresto Menor
What case can be filed against my bestfriend's ex if he used to beat her(not often) in the past? I also thought there would be no proof of this since it happened years ago. I used to see my bestfriend with bruises and marks from her ex boyfriend's kicks and punches but she was young and didn't know what to do so she hid it from us and didn't ask for help. He also kept on beating her(not often) even after she gave birth.

Also, can child support be filed against her ex even if they aren't married? There's also this factor that if the above case is filed and the ex is proven guilty and imprisoned, he wouldn't be able to work for child support which is more important at this point.

I'd go for child support but i need info on this so i can explain to my bestfriend in detail. I'm 20 and am not really familiar with how you file a case so it would also be appreciated if i knew what the requirements are to successfully file a case and what are the odds of winning.

View user profile

2 Re: Child Support on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:39 am

attyLLL

does she have any proof of her previous injuries such as pictures or a medico-legal report? the proper charge is violation of ra 9262 or violence against women and children.

did the father sign the birth certificate?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Child Support on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:03 am

WishBone

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:does she have any proof of her previous injuries such as pictures or a medico-legal report? the proper charge is violation of ra 9262 or violence against women and children.

did the father sign the birth certificate?

That's the problem. There are no evidence of the beating she took in the past. She was afraid and hid it from us(friends) and her family.

I assume he did. The child is carrying the father's last name.

View user profile

4 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:51 pm

attyLLL

i would not try to file a case of physical violence if there is no evidence aside from her bare testimony.

to establish economic violence it has to be shown there is a deprivation of support with the intention to control her and the child. start with a demand letter for support. good luck.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm

WishBone

Arresto Menor
I already gave her an idea to file for child support(not sure what the formal name is for the charge). But during a talk with her mom, she was told that it is impossible because they are not married. Is this true?

View user profile

6 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 pm

attyLLL

that is not correct. a child is entitled to support from both his parents. if the birth certificate of the child was signed by the father, that's all he needs as proof to be entitled to support.

View user profile

7 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:50 pm

WishBone

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:that is not correct. a child is entitled to support from both his parents. if the birth certificate of the child was signed by the father, that's all he needs as proof to be entitled to support.

Even if the parents are separated? Or not together anymore as boyfriend and girlfriend?

View user profile

8 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:53 pm

attyLLL

yes, being a parent doesn't end with separation from the partner.

View user profile

9 Re: Child Support on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm

WishBone

Arresto Menor
Then thank you. I guess that's all that i need to convince her to file for child support.

View user profile

10 Re: Child Support Today at 6:18 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum