I am a credit card holder. I was in a good relationship with my bank but it changed when a transaction which I did not do was credited under my account.
Last October 2014, i tried using my card but it was declined. I did not use ky card then thinking that I have a due that I need to settle before I can use my card. When I read my e-statement, I was in shock when a transaction was carried when in fact I was already declined and stopped using my card.I called my bank upon reading my e-statement online about the transaction. They adviced me to download the dispute form in their website and furnish it as soon as possible to be reviewed by the bank. I followed all the instructions they told me.
I kept on paying a round 7-10k from November 2014- February 2015 to patch up with my other dues. I did not hear from the bank then. I was in despair that they didn't even call me or email mefor info about the dispute I filed. I stopped paying since then. Around March 2015, I received a better from the bank that they received my dispute form and they are reviewing my request. April 2015,I received a letter that they did not make any investigation about my case for the reason that whatever transaction made with or without a proof of signed slip is considered valid. Do you think this is fair? I called the bank and made a complaint on the use of the retrieval fee if they don't investigate..they just told me that it is the bank's decision not to make any queries about it. Since then I didn't make any payments about my debt for the mere reason that if I pay, it would as if I agreed to pay all the debts under my account including the one that I did not transact. The amount as for the record is around 32k and this is not a small amount, right? so, why will I pay for this?
Now, my account is being transfered to other offices that claims to be in partner with the bank to handle my case. They called me up and wanted to let me pay the final settled amount ( minus the disputed amount I filed). I asked help from them if they can grant me a reconstruction of payments that would be easier on my part. I asked them if I can pay in installments but they won't agree to it. they keep on insisting to let me pay in full. I called my bank about it and they told me that I can make settlement with the new handler of the account. but still notgeing has changed. Honestly po, im the breadwinner coz my husband doesn't have a job. I have a son who is now in school and have to pay monthly tuition. I am humbly asking them to help me out with the payment but they wanted a 1-time payment of the remaining amount. They told me to look for means on how to pay but my take home pay is at its lowest na po. They keep on calling and sending me notices but just ignored it for the fact na wla pa po akng ibabayad.
I was startled lately when they sent a final notice telling me that I need to settle everything within 5 days. If I can't pay then they'll file a civil case against me. I'm afraid of this already. I am willing to pay but in installments kang po sana..
Please advice me po on what to do. I almost lose hope. I don't know what to do. I'm n total wreck na po..Please po..I really badly need your help..
Thank you po in advance..