Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want change my surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I want change my surname on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:01 pm


Arresto Menor
There is not a mistake on my surname or anything of that nature but my family name is a muslim family name as my father is a muslim.  He left my mother before I was born even though they were married.  I have been raised as a christian by my mother and grandparents and I am a christian now myself.  

My own father refused to have anything to do with me if I did not convert to islam.  This was just last year and the first time he ever talked to me in my 24 years of exsitance.

As a christian I sometimes find the muslim last name a cross to bear and I really don't want to be tied to a father that could care less about me.

I understand that this will take going to court but how long does this process usually take and how much money am I looking at.  I know exact figures are not possible but at least a general idea would be helpful.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Eskrimador on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum