Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can We Own This Piece of Land?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can We Own This Piece of Land? on Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:09 am

AnotherLandProblem

Arresto Menor
My great grandmother died way back and she did not left us with any last will & testament and all her land titles are still within her name up to this date. We are now the ones who are occupying one of her lands and we have been the ones who are paying its tax all these time (for almost 18 years in fact). Do we have the right to claim this land that we are occupying? Can we transfer the land title to our name?

Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: Can We Own This Piece of Land? on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Filia

Reclusion Perpetua
A big NO to that but you have rights to the property as heirs of your lola as well as those who are also her heirs. The payment you made did not make you owner of the property. What you should do is to have an extrajudicial settlement with all other heirs signing. You may request the other heirs to reimburse you of the amount you paid therefor.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum