Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password




You are not connected. Please login or register

Immediate resignation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Immediate resignation on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:11 am

Oharra


Arresto Menor
Hi,
Question po. I submitted an immediate resignation(effective immediately) my immediate supervisor accepted it and sent me the turnover checklist. However he informed me that I need to follow 30 days for turnover and endorsement that was after he accepted my resignation. I sent an email that even my resignation was effective right away, I am still willing to assist the company ang willing to endorse that within 30 days period. Am I still liable for that? Can I still get my backpay? Thanx

View user profile

2 Re: Immediate resignation on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:24 am

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Oharra wrote:Hi,
   Question po. I submitted an immediate resignation(effective immediately) my immediate supervisor accepted it and sent me the turnover checklist. However he informed me that I need to follow 30 days for turnover and endorsement that was after he accepted my resignation. I sent an email that even my resignation was effective right away, I am still willing to assist the company ang willing to endorse that within 30 days period. Am I still liable for that? Can I still get my backpay? Thanx

You are still required to report in those 30 days - the supervisor accepted your resignation letter but it doesn't mean it was approved.

Besides, if they need you to come to the office everyday for 30 days for the endorsement, you should come since you say you are willing to endorse. So you might as well stay for those days and work (and get paid).

Your failure to comply might be grounds for the company to claim damages against you.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

3 Re: Immediate resignation on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:32 am

Oharra


Arresto Menor
Thank you. I have informed my immediate supervisor that I will be back on the first week of September for proper endorsement. I have endorsed other company properties that was in my possession. Do I need to file for a leave? Will it still be possible?

View user profile

4 Re: Immediate resignation on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:48 am

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Oharra wrote:Thank you. I have informed my immediate supervisor that I will be back on the first week of September for proper endorsement. I have endorsed other company properties that was in my possession. Do I need to file for a leave? Will it still be possible?

Talk to them.

Another reason that you can't just file for an immediate resignation is because you might just decide not to come back for the endorsement. And that would be unfair to the company.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

5 Re: Immediate resignation on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Azziar


Arresto Menor
Hi I am still an active employee of a BPO company but I have accepted an offer from another company effective mid Sept na ung training..can this be a valid reason for an immediate resignation? problem is my contract states na mgbbyad per day kung d mgrrender ng 30 days.. is there a possibility na ma waive un kung un ang reason q for resignation?

View user profile

6 Re: Immediate resignation on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:05 am

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Azziar wrote:Hi I am still an active employee of a BPO company but I have accepted an offer from another company effective mid Sept na ung training..can this be a valid reason for an immediate resignation? problem is my contract states na mgbbyad per day kung d mgrrender ng 30 days.. is there a possibility na ma waive un kung un ang reason q for resignation?

No. There are only 4 reasons allowed for an immediate resignation. If your reason is not one of those listed then you will be liable for any penalties.

An employee may terminate without just cause the employee-employer relationship by serving a written notice on the employer at least one (1) month in advance. The employer upon whom no such notice was served may hold the employee liable for damages.

An employee may put an end to the relationship without serving any notice on the employer for any of the following just causes:

1. Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
2. Inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;

3. Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his family; and

4. Other causes analogous to any of the foregoing.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

7 Re: Immediate resignation on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:33 am

gt.gbet


Arresto Menor
I am currently employed to company A, and a friend outside is referring to his currrent employer(company B) as an intern,and I am decided to grab the opportunity at company B.

Company B's offer is urgent to be filled, and I know I still need to render 30-45days at company A, my plan is to start at company B even I still did not file my resignation to company A and do double work.

will I be violating something? can you suggest any safe tips on how can I lessen the 30-45days to be able to work at company B the soonest?

I've considered the risk that I may not be regularized on company B, what I am after now is on how can I leave immediately aside from providing a med cert

View user profile

8 Re: Immediate resignation Today at 2:34 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum