Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOATING STATUS

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FLOATING STATUS on Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:34 pm

cutemich

Arresto Menor
Hi,

I was promoted as a manager and I had to undergo my cadetship.  However, before my sixth month, the account decided not to confirm me due to dodgy reasons.  Since my last role was a Team Leader, I was placed on a floating status until the company can find a new account for me.  

I was floated for almost 2 months (without pay) when they asked me to report to work.  They gave me a new account but was subjected to a training agreement like a new employee, which indicates that if I fail training then I will be terminated.  I did not accept it because I am a regular employee and I am already a Team Leader by paper.  I was transferred to other accounts before but this is the first time they are giving me this agreement.  In addition, they gave me a sales account in which I am not good at because my skill profile is with customer service.  I told them that it's like they are setting me up to fail.  I was placed on a floating status again but after a week was asked to report and do special task and employee development training.  In short, since I am reporting to work, I am now getting paid.

My inquiry is if the 6 month clause is applicable to me since I am getting paid but is still floating.  I also would like to know up to when can they keep me on floating status, given that I am getting paid.  I am scared that this has a catch to it.  Since I got floated, I was the one looking for internal openings.  No one is proactively updating my case.  There is no stability because they might ask me not to report again.  

By next year, I will be a 5-year employee and will be eligible for a 14th month pay and additional leaves.  I am also seeing Team Leader openings in job portals but are not advertised internally.  I want to know my legal stand in all of this situation.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum