Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate Child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Illegitimate Child on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:17 am


Arresto Menor
I was born before my parents got married.I was born in 1994. I am bringing my mother's surname. What should I do to have my father's surname? Some people said that it would be costly to change surname. Please help.

View user profile

2 Re: Illegitimate Child on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:43 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Rule 3. Who may file

Under these rules, the father, mother, child if of age, or the guardian, may file the public document or Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) in order for the child to use the surname of the father.

Rule 4. Where to file

4.1. The public document or AUSF executed within the Philippines shall be filed at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the child was born, if the birth occurred within the Philippines.

Details here:

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum