Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Stop My Ex-BF's family from meddling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How To Stop My Ex-BF's family from meddling? on Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:22 am

kurasmag

Arresto Menor
Matagal ko na pong tinitiis ang family ng now Ex-bf ko para rin po sa pakikisama at para walang gulo. Pero mahilig sila mangialam at lagi nilang pinapangunahan ako sa mga desisyon lalo na tungkol sa aking anak.

I've tried to let things pass, but the latest incident was the last straw. They asked to take care of my baby so I could concentrate on my work. However, the baby got sick with pneumonia while in their care. As an angry mother, my initial reaction was to blame them, but I did not go through with it because I knew bugso lang ng damdamin un. However, when I went to visit my son at the hospital, they actually said that my son might have gotten sick because of me??? When I only see my son once a week? And I was notified of my son's hospitalization three days too late because ayaw daw nila mawala ung concentration ng ex-bf ko sa pag-aaral nya so di nila pinaalam.

This is exactly the type of thing that I hate with them. I, as a mother, feel like it is my right to be duly notified seeing as I gave them permission to care for my son. They don't consult me for my permission in matters involving my son and they don't even notify me that they've decided something about my son's life that I would definitely like to be a part of. Kelangan ko pa silang kulitin para i-update ako sa kalagayan ng bata.

Recently, kinuha ko ung anak ko sa kanila, but they didn't allow me. As I recall correctly, it is against the law for anybody to stop the mother from taking her child, specially since hindi kami kasal ng ex-bf ko. They said that to get my child I should get an xray and a sputum exam, which I did and was found to be completely healthy.

So I took my child home and after a few days they show up with the intention of taking my child again. We fought because I didn't want to give up my son again after all I went through and they did not respect my decision. They even threatened me that they'd go to court to formalize that they would have no responsibilities and liabilities should anything happen to my son in the future. It will also state they won't support my child in any way anymore.

This is actually what I want too. Is there a way to do this? I'm in the province and my ex-boyfriend is in Manila so he has nothing to contribute, specially financially because he is a student and is completely dependent on his family. This is why, if they are going to claim that they want nothing to do with me and the baby any more, then can I ask that paternal rights be taken away from my ex-bf? because with him involved, I know his family will just keep meddling. Can I also file a case against them because they kept me from taking my child and also, can I use this as grounds for taking away paternal rights from my ex-boyfriend?

View user profile

attyLLL

what i would do is to make it appear it is the father who is threatening to deprive the child of support, so that he would become liable for economic abuse under ra 9262. this no custody, no support is a classic example of economic abuse.

only the mother has parental authority over an illegitimate child. the father only has visitation rights.

you cannot the parent's actions to remove paternal filiation. you cannot also agree that a father will no longer support his child.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

kurasmag

Arresto Menor
the problem is that the father of my child is no longer talking or doing anything, instead he is dependent on his mother, who is the one trying to take my child away from me. Can I ask support from him and him alone, from his own pocket? He is a student and is not financially independent so all support that would be given to the child would come from my ex-boyfriend's mother. Can I ask that it would be him and him alone and if he can't comply, sue him for economic abuse?

I have nothing against the father of my child, because I am financially independent and I don't really need any support from him. my problem is with his sisters and his mother, who are trying to gain custody of my child. Is there anything I could do to stop them from bothering and annoying me if they keep showing up at my parent's house (where I live) and keep on talking me into giving the baby to them? This is really making me mad. can I file a restraining order on them?

View user profile

attyLLL

that's why i would make it "appear" that he is the one doing this. an email to him will do this.

ok but if that is not your interest, the way i would recommend would be to write a letter by yourself, or through a lawyer informing the mom and sisters that they are not welcome to visit the child. there's no need to justify it.

if you wish to push it further, you can apply for a protection order by filing a complaint at the barangay or with the court.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum