Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unbiological children's rights to properties

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unbiological children's rights to properties on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:17 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello po!

I want to ask for a legal rights.
Me and my younger sister are a adopted children. I am not sure if we've gone though a legal adoption process but I heard sometimes during my younger days to my parents na inilagay lng nila kami ng sister ko as their children on their papers (birth cert, etc) and I do know na nakalagay din sa birth certificate namin na sila ang parents nmin. Now the thing is.. are we on the status as a legitimate child? especially when the time comes na maiwan kami ng parents namin do we have all the rights to transfer all their properties to our names na magkapatid? to the fact na kami lng ang natitirang buhay sa anak nila except some relatives (cousins) of my parents? the only one biological daughter passed away 10 years before I was born.

Sa mom ko na po nkpangalan ang land and properties since wala narin po ang dad ko.

hoping for your reply coz this makes me feel unsecured with my sister. thanks!

View user profile
I think you need a legal adoption to become heirs to the property. If there is a legal adoption then you are considered a legitimate child. If you don't then I think you need to have one. The law requires that the only ones that can be adopted are minors but there is an exemption that if you are living with them since childhood and considered to be their child then they can still adopt you even if you are no longer minors.

View user profile
It is best you go to a lawyer and ask them for advice

View user profile


Arresto Mayor
Simulated birth ang nangyari sa inyo. File a petition for adoption to cure the defect. Pwede pa yan kahit hindi na kayo minor.

This opinion is solely based on the facts you have narrated and our appreciation of the same. The opinion may vary when the facts are changed or elaborated.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum