Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenant dispute

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tenant dispute on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Arresto Menor
I hope someone can help with an ongoing dispute with a house rental.

One of my sister in law in Philippines is renting a house.
The tenant ceased payments and asked for one additional month before he would vacate, in which case he would waive his rights to The Rent Control Act of 2009.

She agreed and issued them a notice stating this.
Sop we already lost one month rent.
the date to vacate has arrived and with the assistance of the Barangay tenants have left.
As they owe PHP3,100 for electricity and water the Barangay insisted they leave the TV and refrigerator, which could be collected when they make this payment.

At every step the tenant has intimidated my sister in law, threatening court action, use of The Rent Control Act of 2009 etc.
Now he wants his appliances back and still does not want to pay anything. His next threat is to go to court as my sister in law does not have a business permit.
She does not have the title yet as the house is being paid on a bank loan.

So my questions are:
1) Does she require a business permit?
2) How do we avoid characters like this in the future?

We would be grateful if anyone can offer some advice on this, as my sister in law really does not know what to do.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum