Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are illegitimate child has rights on property?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pepperito

Arresto Menor
Hi,

I have a property I acquired now that I am single. The property is named under my name only. My future husband has 2 daugthers from a previous relationship. Will the daugthers have any rights with the property I acquired after I marry their father?

This property is something that I worked for now that I am single and my parents help me in buying this. This property is something I want to give to my future kids. I do not want any problems in the future especially if we will have our own kids.

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
(PERHAPS it can be like that anyway by you had it before marriage, but to avoid unnecesary problem)
Make this clear BEFORE the marriage and rREGISTER it,
Think of if the HUSBAND will:
/inherit you without reduction,
/get an USE right until he die,
/or if he will get nothing of this real estate
if you die before your husband.

(Illegitimate children get only half share of legit children anyway if there aren't any documents.)

View user profile

hustisya

Prision Correccional
Make a pre-nuptial agreement between you and your fiancé bago kayo magpakasal na kung saan pwde mong maprotektahan at maideklara ang naipundar mong property bilang iyong "Sole Ownership" or your "Exclusive Property". Kasi kapag wala kayong prenuptial agreement makokonsidera ang naoundar mong property sa "Conjugal Property" na kung saan magkakaroon ng karapatan ang iyong future husband. At syempre kapag nagkaroon sya ng karapatan, magkakaroon din ng karapatan or share ang kanyang mga anak sa una nyang asawa.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum