Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage License

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marriage License on Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:30 am

cheska10

Arresto Menor
Hi,
We were subject to be married on Dec 29, 2010..
complete na po kami ng requirements,
except for marriage license at seminars?
supposed to be church wedding.

gusto po sana namin matuloy,
dahil sayang naman po ung ginastos sa mga needs sa church wedding, venue. etc..

is there anyway, para po makakuha ng marriage license in rush?

Neutral

View user profile

2 Re: Marriage License on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:18 pm

resjudicata

Arresto Mayor
I don’t think the local civil registrar in your area will issue a marriage license without complying with the statutory period of its issuance. Before a marriage license is given, it undergoes a ten day notice period to entertain any opposition to the marriage. Then it is issued after the completion of that period of publication or posting. If a license is issued without complying with the said requirements, and a marriage is solemnized on the basis of such license, the marriage, (take note) is still valid but you will put the registrar under a difficult situation because she will be liable criminally, civilly and administratively.
If your marriage, however, belongs to marriages exempt from the license requirement, then you can push through with it as scheduled.

View user profile

3 Re: Marriage License on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 pm

attyLLL

you can go through with the ceremony, but you will not be considered married. you will have to wait for a license to be issued and then have another ceremony.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Marriage License on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:20 pm

cheska10

Arresto Menor
ok po.

decided to go civil wedding,
what do we need?
and how much would it cost us?

View user profile

5 Re: Marriage License on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:19 pm

attyLLL

once you have a marriage license, just go visit the court house or inquire at the mayor's office.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Marriage License on Fri May 06, 2011 10:23 pm

merissa

Arresto Menor
hello po, ikakasal po ako sa september 10 this year, i already submitted the requirements in church including the marriage license. naissue po yung license nmin nung april 22.. ngayon ko lng po nalaman n may validity po pla yung marriage license.. sinabi lng po s akin ng friend ko... pano po yun eh hindi npo aabot ng 120 days yung validity ng license nmin dun sa wedding date nmin... ano po ang gagawin ko?

View user profile

7 Re: Marriage License on Sat May 07, 2011 6:06 pm

attyLLL

the validity date should be prominently stamped on your marriage license.

as per pasay city rules: The license is good only up to 120 days from the date of issuance. If in the event that the marriage license expires, the applicants are required to submit the expired document and apply for a new one again.

perhaps the rule is the same where you applied for license.

View user profile

8 Re: Marriage License on Sat May 19, 2012 4:05 am

dijens

Arresto Menor
Hi,

My partner and I po have been living together for 5 years and 5 months now and we already have 2 kids, another one on the way actually. We're planning to make it legal after I give birth this August.. Upon reading there's an exemption po pala from marriage license if katulad ng case namin.. If so po ano ano po ang requirements for us to get married if civil wedding lang?

View user profile

9 Sudden marriage on Sat May 19, 2012 3:27 pm

anonymous_86

Arresto Menor
Question po The father of my child married someone else at tinago nila sakin and even sa pamilya nya para di ko malaman. biglaan po ang kasal at wala nga silang marriage license nakasal lang sila dahil me kakilala sila sa hall of justice nalaman ko na lang tapos na thats the reason why na hindi nako nagkaron ng chance to oppose. if ever na gusto ko magcomplain sino at saan po?

View user profile

10 Re: Marriage License on Sun May 20, 2012 11:51 am

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
Kung hindi ka naman kasal sa tatay ng anak mo, sa mata ng batas, wala kang karapatang kwestiyonin ang kasal nila. Ang karapatan mo lang ay ang humingi ng suporta para sa anak nyo.

View user profile

11 Re: Marriage License Today at 2:02 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum