Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unlawful Contracts

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unlawful Contracts on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

jobung05

Arresto Menor
Is it legal to enforce a contract which has been "modified" from the original form  prescribed under an Executive Order?

And where the provisions will cause financial gain for the government at the expense of a private individual.

View user profile

2 Re: Unlawful Contracts on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:51 pm

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Using the general rule of contracts under our civil code, I do not think any modifications in a previously-valid contract will be allowed if not without the consent of both parties, even if the party is the PH government. It is well-settled that consent of both parties are needed if there is a need to change the terms and conditions of a contract, since the law prohibits unjust enrichment of any one party that seeks to one-up the other.

Just to be sure, you can always ask for free legal advice in the Public Attorney's Office.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum