Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing the lastname of a child..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Changing the lastname of a child.. on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Morning Shadow

Arresto Menor
Good afternoon Everyone!

I hope you can enlighten me.

The situation is this, I had a live-in partner but I got pregnant with a different guy but still thought that my live-in partner was the father. When i gave birth to the child, my live-in partner was the one who signed the NSO birth certificate of my child. But after 3 years, i decided to contact the possible father of my baby and asked him if they could run a DNA testing, in which he agreed. (I asked for the DNA test because my live-in partner has a doubt if the baby is his own)

The DNA result came out positive. I told the truth to my live-in partner and he asked me to change the surname of my child to the real father's surname.

Is it possible? What are the proper proceedings and how much and how long would it take?

Thank you very much

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum