Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please enlighten us

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Please enlighten us on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:37 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day!

Hello! I'm writing this for us to know as to what will gonna be our stand to this situation. I'm Rhian and i'm a transgender. I met a foreign guy on the internet and later became lovers. We began chatting last December 2014 and this year we decided to live together. Our problem now is that he is married to a Filipina. January of last year my partner decided to move out from the condo that they are living since their marriage is no longer working dur to cultural differences and coz of his change of preference. He now likes transgender so he can be considered as a Gay man. Upon separation they agreed that my partner will give his wife 20,000 a month. On thay time i'm not yet in his life since we started chatting December and they separated January of 2014. Now, my partner does have 700,000 ok his wife's bank accnt. That money was a saving by my partner when he is still working before he meet his wife. My partner is asking that money from his wife, but his wife refused to give it back. Now, what my partner did is that he stopped giving the 20,000 monthly for him to be able to save money for his future since he is already 69 years old. He need it if there something happens to him. The wife is currently working in ireland now as a nurse and she went to a lawyer and demanded to give her a 50,000 monthly support. My partners condition is that he will continue giving the support as long as his wife will give hil back the 700,000.
My question are:
1. Is the amount being ask acceptable or too much. Originally shes getting 20,000 and now shes demanding 50,000. my partner obliged to give support even though they don't have kids and the wife does have a good job abroad.
3. Is my partner able to get the 700,000 that he earned before he meet his wife.
4. Since my partner likes transgender will that gonna give a big chance to void their marriage?

Please please enlighten us with this.

View user profile

2 Re: Please enlighten us on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:22 am

1. I think the court will decide whether or not the amount is sufficient.
2. Well generally husband and wife is obliged to support each other. In the eyes of the law the marriage is still existing. If their marriage is voided then he no longer has to support his wife.
3. Assuming that their marriage is under absolute community of property, the 700,000 is part of the community property and upon the dissolution of the absolute community your partner will get his share of the 700,000 but not the whole amount.
4. If he was a homosexual before the marriage and he concealed it then it can be a ground to void the marriage but if it only existed during the marriage it is a ground for legal separation.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum